[Gllug] Memory errors

Doug Winter doug at pigeonhold.com
Thu May 27 10:12:30 UTC 2004

On Wed 26 May Christopher Hunter wrote:
> If there are ANY errors, take the RAM back - it should be perfect.  You did
> take the basic anti-static precautions, didn't you?

This may or may not be relevant.  I don't really know anything about
this side of things, so I'm not going to defend it if it is in fact
nonsense :)

Tom's Hardware found that a number of newer Athlon64 boards had iffy
memory support:

index page:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/motherboard/20040112/index.html
results:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/motherboard/20040112/memory_performance-11.html

So presumably it's possible that other boards might dislike other
memory, even if both are in fact ok.

doug.

--
  http://adju.st/   | I am the hamster.
6973E2CF: 2C95 66AD | Hear me roar.           Growl!

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk