[Gllug] Evolution Connector

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Wed May 12 12:50:48 UTC 2004

On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 12:33:40PM +0100, John Hearns wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-05-12 at 12:02, john at sinodun.org.uk wrote:
>

> > What's always puzzled me about the Evolution offering is that, as far as I
> > can discover, you can't have shared diaries without Exchange.  Rather than
> > a plug-in for Exchange, a much more useful product would be a free
> > (speech) central component which enabled shared diaries etc.
>
> We've batted this one back and forth in the past.
>
> I think you're looking for an iCal server - not sure what the status
> is of open source there.

No. The point is that what matters when getting Linux into the corporation
are: interoperation, migration, compatability.

Having a great solution that doesn't play with the current solution is no good
at all. Migration does not happen over night.

These issues are the biggest problems at getting FLOSS rolled out in the office.

--
Alain Williams

#include <std_disclaimer.h>

FATHERS-4-JUSTICE - Campaigning for equal rights for parents and the
best interests of our children. See http://www.fathers-4-justice.org
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk