[Gllug] limiting ssh zombie login attempts

Andre Newman gllug at dinkum.org.uk
Tue Oct 19 14:40:06 UTC 2004

> Martin A. Brooks wrote:

>> That look like a very effective method of being locked out of your own
>> server :)

It's not been a problem, ssh is only used on rare occasions (me fixing
something from home) and it hasn't been restrictive, so far!

> which is exactly the problem I used to have with a box I helped look
> after ...
>
> which wouldn't have been so bad if we had physical access

Happily the server is in the room next door, maybe I should slacken it off
a little, these attempted logins are annoying me though, some sort of
"denial of peace of mind attack" ;-)

Andre
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk