[Gllug] limiting ssh zombie login attempts

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Tue Oct 19 09:00:52 UTC 2004

On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 09:57:00AM +0100, Sean Burlington wrote:
> do internet cafes allow usb key thingies ?
>
> if they do it would surely still be possible to login from anywhere -
> just so long as you have the key with you...

The last (and indeed only) Internet cafe I've been in let me download
PuTTY and install it.

By a strange coincidence the machine was also infested with adware,
and probably spyware too.  Random windows kept popping up all over the
place containing "helpful" additional results for my ordinary Google
searches.

Needless to say, I went home pretty sharpish afterwards, changed my
firewall password, and examined the logs very closely.

Rich.

NET::FTPSERVER is a full-featured, secure, configurable, database-backed
FTP server written in Perl: http://www.annexia.org/freeware/netftpserver/