[Gllug] Can't connect to apache locally

Darren Beale bealers at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 18:46:32 UTC 2004

> I have a similar issue - I was thinking I would have to change all
> machines on our network to query an internal DNS server ...
>
> ..are you saying that I can get bind to return different ip addresses
> for the same name depending on the orgigin of the request ?
>
> this would be very usefull - could you point me at the relavent
> documentation

I have not had the chance to digest the oither responses yet but as a
hacky test I added the relevant URL that I'm tring to connect to to
the hosts file (i've tried both IP's) and it still wouldn't connect. I
still think that there is a routing issue. If the app is trying to
connect to an internal IP - say - 10.0.3.131 but the the firewall) is
the defualt GW to that subnet, maybe a static route would suffice?
Things is, as I said in my OP, It's a production machine  and I don't
want to break the routing tables.

regs

--
I suggest that you upgrade to a speedy, stable, secure and highly
configurable web browser.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk