[Gllug] ATX power supply up the spout?

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Sat Sep 25 13:20:20 UTC 2004

On Sat, Sep 25, 2004 at 01:23:29PM +0100, John Winters wrote:
> My power workstation (800 MHz Duron!) suddenly won't turn on.  If you
> take the lid off, connect a power lead, wait 30 seconds and then press
> the power button the CPU fan turns about 1/10 of a rotation.  Then sod
> all else happens.  My best guess is that the PSU has turned up its
> toes.  Any other suggestions before I order a new one?

Sounds like the power supply to me too.  They're often the first bits
to go.  Luckily you should be able to pick (a second hand) one up at
Computer Exchange on Tottenham Court Road very cheaply, or do what I
do which is cannibalise a less-essential computer.

Rich.

MAKE+ is a sane replacement for GNU autoconf/automake. One script compiles,
RPMs, pkgs etc. Linux, BSD, Solaris. http://www.annexia.org/freeware/makeplus/