[Gllug] Power Supply loaner in West London?

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Thu Sep 23 15:59:41 UTC 2004

Hi folks.

I'm having some weird hardware lockups on my system.  It's not a
CPU temperature problem -- it locks up in BIOS with the BIOS open
showing low (sub-30C) temperatures.  It's probably not RAM since it
locks up just sitting there in BIOS not doing anything.

My suspicion is that it's the power supply's voltages fluctuating.  BIOS
shows the voltages going up and down a reasonable amount, which I don't
remember seeing before.

Soooo...  To diagnose this, I need to borrow a known-good ATX power
supply to rule the PSU in or out as the source of the problem.  Is
anyone in West London (W14 Barons Court area) willing to lend me an ATX
power supply with >300W output or so?  Will only need it for one
evening.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

 "The only intuitive interface is the nipple.
  After that, it's all learned. "
- attributed to Bruce Edigar
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk