[Gllug] converting mbox to maildir

Steve Nelson sanelson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 11:18:01 UTC 2005

On Apr 10, 2005 10:53 PM, neil chambers <neil at cozyspace.net> wrote:
> I'm not the subject line actually means a lot. I'm replacing a
> /var/mail/$username mbox sendmail system for a postfix system using a
> maildir/ mailbox configuration - Is there a well known way to migrate a
> users mail from the former to the later?

Not well known, but I am aware of the following, which may prove
useful.  Its basically a python program to analyse each message from
the mbox and add it to the maildir, plus a very small shell script
which acts as the master process, feeding an external tool to split
the input mbox, and the python program.

http://www.gerg.ca/hacks/mb2md/

I'm sure there are legion other methods - but hope this is of use.

S.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk