[Gllug] Sun Sparcstation - is it any use...?

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Thu Aug 11 20:18:25 UTC 2005

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005, Ian Norton announced authoritatively:
> I have one of those,
>
> Until very recently it was a perfectly good irc server at essex
> university, they will probably never die once you get it setup running
> some task or other.

I've had fan failures on my Netra, compounded by Sun's lovely swapping
of the leads on the fan, meaning I had to splice cables before the new
fan would work.

But the general consensus seems to be that Netra build quality is lower
than that of Suns of old :( and anyway nothing else has failed and it's
humming away in the loft now happily.

--
`I work in computers so, of course, I'm an expert on everything.'
                                                     --- Simon Rumble
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk