[Gllug] OT: Merging UPS outputs

Rich Walker rw at shadow.org.uk
Wed Aug 17 13:25:56 UTC 2005

"Russell Howe" <rhowe at siksai.co.uk> writes:

> AC is weird. Don't mess with it.

The IEE has been having an internal argument about the new Wiring Regs
and the Competent Installer business - in short, if you do any serious
wiring your home, it must be inspected by a Competent Person within the
meaning of the act.

Many IEE members have said, in essence "But I'm *perfectly* qualified to
do this kind of thing, why do I need someone with a Certificate to tell
*me* that it's safe?".

One chap replied that, as a professional power engineer, almost every
single piece of abominably dangerous wiring he had ever seen in his
career had been performed by someone who knew DC wiring and thought they
could apply the same principles to AC wiring...

*Really* don't mess with it - AC is big and nasty - and unforgiving of
those who *think* they know what they are doing :->

cheers, Rich.

rich walker         |  Shadow Robot Company | rw at shadow.org.uk
www.shadow.org.uk/products/newhand.shtml
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk