[Gllug] css question

Robert Crowther robertc at boogdesign.com
Tue Dec 6 09:17:33 UTC 2005

Henry Gilbert wrote:
 > Apologies for being pedantic (I was brainwashed by this!).
> But better than using <div> - I would use real semantic tags like <p>,

I forgot to mention the other change Imade to the CSS file:

.question p {
	display: inline;
}

This was because I couldn't get rid of the <p> which went around the
question (but not around the number) because it seems the way that is
formatted is controlled by an entirely different xslt file.  I didn't
really want to end up with nested paragraphs, so I stuck with divs.  I
agree that it would be better to have properly semantic markup, but I
think that would have introduced a whole new level of complexity
compared to the minor hacking of one xslt file which I was doing.
You're welcome to have a go though ;)

Rob
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk