[Gllug] Linux box keeps rebooting

Tethys sta296 at astradyne.co.uk
Thu Dec 8 23:56:32 UTC 2005

"Martin A. Brooks" writes:

>Does CentOS support 15000 packages out of the box?  Nope, didn't think so.

Does anyone actually *want* 15000 packages out of the box, let alone
need them? Nope, didn't think so. Yeah, I occasionally find something
I want that isn't in RHEL or FC + extras. But it's very occasionally
these days. Have I come across a bunch of half baked packages in Debian?
Yep. How many of those 15000 are actually up to scratch and worth
using? I don't know. I suspect the answer is more than most other
distros. But it's certainly not 15000.

FWIW, I've yet to meet a distro where I didn't end up removing packages
from the default install, rather than wishing there were more for me to
choose from.

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk