[Gllug] Re: Rescue CD with HPT37x2 module

Jack Bertram jack at jbertram.net
Thu Dec 8 10:25:28 UTC 2005

* Jack Bertram <jack at jbertram.net> [051208 10:13]:
> * Martin A. Brooks <martin at hinterlands.org> [051208 09:31]:
> > Jack Bertram wrote:
> > >* Jack Bertram <jack at jbertram.net> [051208 09:03]:
> >
> > The debian netinstall CD might help you.  It's a 100Mb or so download.
> > I'd be very surpised if it doesn't have support for this card.
>
> Hmmm.  It has only HPT366 and HPT374 support - but a bit of googling
> throws up the intriguing suggestion that the hpt37x2 module (which I
> used to use) has been replaced by one of these.  I will investigate
> further.

Following up to myself (sorry).

It looks like both module names and userspace tools have changed
substantially for this chipset since I last used it under linux.  It
seems to be supported by one/both of the HPT366 and HPT374 drivers in
the kernel sources, and that you now use dmraid to start/stop the RAID
rather than the hptsvr utility.  I will therefore try a FC4 boot CD
later this evening (which appears to contain these tools) and see if it
works.

fingers crossed!

jack