[Gllug] css question

Henry Gilbert henry.gilbert at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 20:26:40 UTC 2005

On 12/5/05, Martin A. Brooks <martin at hinterlands.org> wrote:

> I'm no web designer, and my CSS skills are miserable.  I wondered if
> someone here could help me do something very simple.
>
> For each question-answer pair in the FAQ
> (http://www.hinterlands.org/gllugfaq/) I would like to add a little
> space after the answer text.  This must be done as part of a stylesheet,
> I can't control the exact content.
>
> I'm most likely being slow, but I can't seem to hit on the right CSS
> voodoo to get what I want. Any ideas?

because you are using tabular-layout making that work with CSS will be
even trickier.
CSS works best on table-less layout.
If using tabular layout you probably can achieve padding via table's
cellpadding ou cellspacing attribute.

But sticking with your original question, here are some styles to try:

tr.answer { text-indent: 1em}

try that first to see if it works across all browsers.

otherwise

tr.answer { padding-left: 1em}

might be safer.

the unit em = 1 character in length (the letter 'm') , change that to
your liking

HG
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk