[Gllug] xserver/kde? issue with Ubuntu

Simon Perry gllug at si-designs.co.uk
Fri Dec 2 15:39:06 UTC 2005

Hi,

I installed Ubuntu onto my spangly new amd64 workstation and I'm very
impressed.

One niggle I have is with the display. In my ignorance I don't know if
it is a KDE or Xserver issue and my google fu has let me down. What
happens is this;

The screen corrupts at random intervals but usually whilst scrolling and
can only be cured by restarting kdm. When I say corrupts most, but not
all, programs content windows shows a tartan like patten or a nasty
collage of the content of all running programs. Konsole does not seem to
be effected.

Any pointers would be most welcome

TIA

Simon

System specs
Ubuntu 5.10 breezy
2.6.12-10-amd64-generic
KDE 3.4.3
Xorg version X Window System Version 6.8.2
Xorg.conf
Section "Device"
	Identifier	"NVIDIA Corporation NV43 [GeForce 6600 GT]"
	Driver		"nv"
	BusID		"PCI:5:0:0"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier	"ls902ut"
	Option		"DPMS"
	HorizSync	30-96
	VertRefresh	50-160
EndSection

Section "Screen"
	Identifier	"Default Screen"
	Device		"NVIDIA Corporation NV43 [GeForce 6600 GT]"
	Monitor		"ls902ut"
	DefaultDepth	24
SubSection "Display"
		Depth		24
		Modes		"1152x864" "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
	EndSubSection

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk