[Gllug] Re: Gllug Digest, Vol 20, Issue 33

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Thu Feb 10 12:59:18 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-02-10 at 09:02 +0000, David Abbishaw wrote:
> I know what you mean, ive been writing some setup scripts for Suse ES 8
> which uses a simular /etc/sysconfig/network to redhat and been struggling
> to find any documentation and unfortunatly (possibly fortunatly) dont have
> any access to the source (yes Im sure i could find it but the distrivution
> I have to work with is a canned up version used internally to the company
> and we dont get the source - not even the kernel source)

I hate to say it, but that's the point of Free/Open Source software.
You get the source so that you can fix things...
(But yes, you know thta. Your mail makes it clear).

And yes, I do get your point. If someone has wrapped up a SuSE based
distro and is distributing it internally, they MAY not have to abide by
the GPL.  Any experts know?
Of course, again, GPL arguments aside, you're giving away the benefits
of open source.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk