[Gllug] GLLUG meetings

Russell Howe rhowe at wiss.co.uk
Thu Feb 17 00:20:59 UTC 2005

On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 03:48:03PM +0000, Bruce Richardson wrote:
> ----- Forwarded message from Dean Wilson <dwilson at unixdaemon.net> -----
> I'm also curious as to why the attendance has dropped so dramatically.
> Whether you used to go to GLLUG and no longer attend or you've never
> gone I'd like to know why.

I've never actually made it to a Saturday Gllug in time for the talks,
mostly due to laziness, or being up all night Friday messing about with
Linux! (except when the RH world tour was here - somehow I managed to
get up in time for at least some of it...). By the time I actually
persuade myself out of the house, it's usually almost pub-o-clock.

Weeknights are almost always free, and I can usually be relied upon to
be out of bed by then - there's this thing called work which results in
angry phone calls if I stay in bed until 12.

I tend to go along to most evening things, although having no decent
email access since December has left me a bit out of the loop (I never
remember to check websites - that'd involve being organised or
something). Perlmongers I've been to a few times, but I always feel a
bit of an outsider there - I don't exactly use perl much, although I
might have a reason to in the near future (realtime LDAP search -> SQL
query -> LDIF backend for OpenLDAP).

Not to mention that I've been mostly broke since about October, and
things are only now starting to get back on track.

(yeah, I know - excuses, excuses!)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk