[Gllug] Web based ssh or similar

Adrian McMenamin adrian at mcmen.demon.co.uk
Sat Jan 29 11:45:06 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-01-29 at 03:35 +0000, Mike Brodbelt wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-01-29 at 02:02 +0000, Dylan wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I'd like to be able to log in to my home network from some random
> > (likely Windows or net-cafe) machine occasionally. I figure an easy way
> > to accomplish this is to set up a webpage which serves an ssh client so
> > I can do it all through a browser.
> >
> > Is there anything like this available?
>
> Yep - Mindterm or Javassh or obvious candidates. They're java applets,
> so you stick the applet on a web server somewhere, then you just browse
> to it from wherever you are.

Presumably that only works if the ports are not blocked at the client
end. This is just the equivalent of running putty or any other ssh
client app.

Is there something you can stick in a web server that is just a window
into server-side transactions?

--
Adrian McMenamin <adrian at mcmen.demon.co.uk>