[Gllug] Name server software?

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Wed Jan 5 13:42:39 UTC 2005

On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 10:46:11AM +0000, Rev wrote:
> This one time, at band camp, Mike Brodbelt wrote:
>
> > > I ask because after a short time struggling with Sendmail, I now find
> > > Postfix to be vastly VASTLY superior.
> >
> > <troll>
> > Do tell how. I'd be curious....
> > </troll>
>
> Simple things are easy.  Complicated things are relatively
> straightforward.

I would disagree, there.  Complex things in Postfix are often extremely
painful and may even require running multiple instances with different
options.  It's an inevitable cost imposed by the secure architecture,
which probably explains why Postfix 2 doesn't even try to be flexible
and requires you to write external programs to implement any complex
routing decisions.

--
Bruce

Hummingbirds are the only birds that can fly backwards, apart from
ostriches if you punch them hard enough.