[Gllug] How to prove a computer is overheating.

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Fri Jan 14 08:59:17 UTC 2005

re: dick-less PC's freezing on a regular basis

I personally would doubt that an office temperature of a mere 24C was the
cause of your problem,  but I guess the only way to find out would be
to boot up two at the same time - one in a cool environment and one in the
normal environment and see how they run.  If the one in the warmer environment
reliably freezes and the cooler one doesn't at all,  then I would think that its
a fair indicator that temp. is endeed your problem.

You could try buying a cheap digital thermometer with an 'outdoor' sensor on a
lead from Maplin's (if that word is still now allowable !!) and sticking the
sensor inside the case near the CPU to see what the internal temperature is
like.

Tim
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk