[Gllug] Bulletin board/Forums software

andrew Black andrew-li at black1.org.uk
Fri Jan 21 09:52:22 UTC 2005

Nick Richards wrote:

> http://www.punbb.org/
>
> and
>
> http://bbpress.org/ [runs the wordpress forums]
>
> are both pretty nice. They're also both able to generate non-disgusting markup.

Thanks for the various replies.    phpbb was one of the suggestions made
to me elsewhere, but I am concerned about the security record.
I will have a look at the other suggestions.

Is there anywerhe that would give a decent comparison of the various
options, taking into account things like security, maintainability.
I found when google tends to give me too many hits - perhaps I am just
going about it the wrong way.

Andrew

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk