[Gllug] Name server software?

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Tue Jan 4 18:07:46 UTC 2005

On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 01:48:42PM +0000, Daniel wrote:
>    deployments include Thomas Moestl's permanent-caching server pdnsd,

pdnsd is reliable but limited.  For small sites where you just want to
cache and also list local hosts for local users.

>    Trenholme's MaraDNS

Interesting because it uses the djbdns file format.  It can be annoying
and I found it unreliable (e.g. not consistently replying to requests on
the same address that the request was sent to, when running on
multihomed hosts).

--
Bruce

I object to intellect without discipline.  I object to power without
constructive purpose. -- Spock