[Gllug] Data Sources for Product Prices

will will at willj.net
Wed Jul 6 20:17:19 UTC 2005

Chris Bell wrote:
>>All this is to make the weekly / monthly shop easier and hopefully when the
>>Tesco's get around to allowing API type communications I can very quickly
>>fill my shopping basket or have my kitchen pc order the food for me.
>
>    I have not used any such ordering system, but have heard reports that
> some supermarkets take care to select goods nearest to the "sell by" date
> possible.

The couple of times I have had this problem with Sainsburys I have
phoned up, they have given me a refund, and I get to eat the food
anyway.  Not a bad end result.  I have had a lot of success with
Sainsburys online, and they have recently improved their service,
sometimes even delivering early (after phoning to make sure this was OK).

Will.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk