[Gllug] Connection reset by peer

Tom Schutzer-Weissmann trmsw at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 16 18:11:30 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-16 at 15:32 +0100, John Edwards wrote:

> I'm not quite sure if you are connecting to machines across the ADSL
> connection, but if you are that would be the first thing to check as
> the line could be dropping and reconnecting a few seconds later.

I'm fairly sure it's not that because the weakest wireless connection is
between the linux router and the ADSL router next door. The linux router
doesn't have the connection problem, and if I get it to forward the
connection, VNC works from my laptop, it's just an extra inconvenience
and worse, a mystery that I'm determined to solve...

Of course, I'm making an assumption about the connection between my
laptop and the linux router, so I'll try your ping test.

thanks
Tom Weissmann

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk