[Gllug] [JOB] QA Person

Steve Nelson sanelson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 07:24:02 UTC 2005

Hello chums,

Not sure if anyone would be interested in this, but you never know - I
thought I'd punt it out and let folk know.

We are looking to hire a person to be a dedicated QA-er.  This
involves ensuring that all solutions we produce, from simple
implementations of eg a firewall and a server to large multi-platform
architectures are built/provided correctly, and working with the
technical teams and project managers to ensure any mistakes are
corrected.

Technically you must have excellent network knowledge.  Experience of
Checkpoint firewalls and Cisco routers would be neeed.  From an OS
perspective, experience of Solaris, Redhat and Windows 2000/2003 is
needed.

I can't personally see why anyone would want to QA stuff when they
could build it themselves, but I gather the position is quite well
remunerated, and other people who do the job have moved there from a
purely technical role.

As I say, not sure if this will appeal to anyone, but if you're
interested let me know and I'll find out some more information and put
you in touch with the person doing the hiring / interviewing.

Steve
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk