[Gllug] annoyiong "No Route to host"

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Thu Mar 3 09:19:37 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-02 at 22:40 +0000, Julian Parker wrote:
> I'm having a bit of a weird problem.
>
> I have a Cyclades Terminal Server in our Scotland office, I got some
> chaps to swap out a 4 port unit for an 8 port unit but I can't seem to
> get to the 8 port unit. Bear with me on this one...
>
> The linux system has an IP of 10.4.99.50/16 on one interface and
> 192.168.64.3/23 on the o
> The 4 port Cyclades had an IP address of 192.168.64.18/23
> The 8 port Cyclades had an IP of 192.168.64.13/23

Have you tried a ping to the broadcast on the linux system:
ping -b 192.168.65.255
Then: arp -an

It would seem that the new Cyclades is set up wrong.
For kicks, you could maybe get someone to reset it to get
a DHCP lease? Then fire up a DHCP server on the Linux
system and tail -f /var/log/messages

Also get someone to put a serial lead into its management
port then to the serial port of the Linux box?
You'll need an RJ45-DB9 convertor.
Use minicom to reconfigure it.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk