[Gllug] RE: Gllug Digest, Vol 21, Issue 27

Tethys tet at createservices.com
Fri Mar 4 17:51:52 UTC 2005

"David Abbishaw" writes:

>In your opinion.

Naturally. But then again, in this case my opinion happens to be right :-)

>In my opinion HTML or RTF greatly improves Email. The ability to
>embed inline images is just one place where its an improvement, if
>someone sends me 100 images I can either scroll down the page and
>view them or save them and use another tool to view them I know what
>I find quicker.

If someone sends me 100 images attached to a single email, they'll
rapidly find themselves procmailed to /dev/null so they don't get to
abuse my mailbox the same way twice...

If you have a document where image positioning in a body of text is
important, then the correct solution would probably be to create a PDF
and send that. Note that you also can't depend on images being embedded
in an HTML email. My MUA doesn't do it, and nor do many others. I just
get placeholders in the text, and the images still appear as attachments.
If you're used to Outlook doing things its own way, then fair enough. But
don't expect it to work everywhere.

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk