[Gllug] Logo as a first language

Doug Winter doug at pigeonhold.com
Fri Mar 4 09:41:07 UTC 2005

John Hearns wrote:
> Anyway, the topic of the OReilly Learning Python book came up. I've got
> both editions (bought second one for the study group) but I've never got
> on with it. What are good books for the junior Pythonista?

Yeah, I didn't like it either.  I found the Python Cookbook and the
Python Standard Library book by effbot to be a lot more useful.  They're
a bit out of date now though, since a lot of python code uses some of
the nifty new features like generators, comprehensions and decorators.

The tutorial on the python site is actually excellent and well worth
working through, and Dive Into Python is very well regarded in the
community:

     http://diveintopython.org/

Cheers,

Doug.

--
6973E2CF: 2C95 66AD 1596 37D2 41FC 609F 76C0 A4EC 6973 E2CF
http://adju.st/
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk