[Gllug] Playstation 2 Linux

Tethys tet at createservices.com
Mon Mar 7 16:26:02 UTC 2005

Sarah Ewen writes:

>I'm not sure what you've seen Tet, but contrary to screwing over Manu
>and the xRhino guys we're actually hosting the whole apt repository
>for the Blackrhino port. (!)

Yes, but Sony refused to approve either BlackRhino or RockSteady, and
the project has been moribund ever since (at least publicly -- for
all I know, there could be active development going on, but it's not
reflected on the web site, and I haven't been following it closely
enough to know for sure).

One thing that Sony could (and should) have done is provide the patches
that they used to get the kernel working on the PS2. Yes, they provide
the kernel source, but trying to compare that to the base source tree
is a painful task, and it would have been nice to have the patches
separately.

I'm not intending to be overly negative, BTW. I'm actually quite
impressed with the PS2 Linux kit. It would have been nice to see a
bit more involvement from Sony, though.

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk