[Gllug] Server ISP recommended?

Jan Kokoska kokoskaj at seznam.cz
Fri May 13 12:47:41 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-05-13 at 12:06 +0100, Nix wrote:
> On Thu, 12 May 2005, Jan Kokoska said:
> > Oh, please ;) Who did you work for before? You might be surprised to
> > learn at what levels of expertise say banking systems in City are
> > administered
>
> Wildly variably: mostly frighteningly badly, a few very well (because
> someone with actual clue happens to have landed there and fought for
> the corner of competence).

OK. With that paragraph I missed the point I was trying to make, really.
I meant calling one's company one of the best teams in the industry (in
an informal one-to-one discussion, I am not talking about corporate
website boilerplate) gives me creeps and makes me look at their
competitors instead. This means he *thinks* he knows it all, I don't
want to be there when he is proved painfully wrong.

Jan

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk