[Gllug] Stupid mail virusses - What can I do?

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Mon May 9 10:46:02 UTC 2005

On Mon, 9 May 2005, Gerd Busker gibbered uncontrollably:
> These days I don't bother.  What can I do to stop this sort of nonsense?
> Is there a party I can vote for (death to all spammers and script kiddies)?

I think all the parties hate spam, except possibly the Tories (they're
more likely to be in the direct marketers' pockets, and the direct
marketers seem to like spam, which is strange given that the spammers
are mostly advertising criminal stuff using overtly criminal methods
these days).

> Anyone know which virus could be responsible for this type of mass mailing?

It's just a spammer on a spam run. It seems the people selling `500
million email addresses' CDs moved to simply making up addresses about
three years ago...

--
`End users are just test loads for verifying that the system works, kind of
 like resistors in an electrical circuit.' - Kaz Kylheku in c.o.l.d.s
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk