[Gllug] RSA or DSA

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Tue May 17 10:56:20 UTC 2005

On Tue, 17 May 2005, Dani Pardo suggested tentatively:
> Steve Nelson wrote:
>>> How can I ssh directly with no password?
>>
>> What are the permissions on your authorized_keys file? Try setting to 600.
>
>    Permisions seem correct (600 and owned by root:root).

The *entire .ssh directory* needs those permissions.

> I'm running Slackware 9.1 on both machines. Could it be that I don't have
>    an identity.pub? I've never been able to generate it.

identity.pub is for RSA keys: id_dsa.pub is where the public key goes for
DSA keys.

>   # ssh-copy-id dest_machine

I don't know what that is, but it doesn't come with OpenSSH. Is it a
Slackware thing?

--
`End users are just test loads for verifying that the system works, kind of
 like resistors in an electrical circuit.' - Kaz Kylheku in c.o.l.d.s
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk