[Gllug] open source/linux for business

Jack Richards jack at gnu-solutions.com
Wed May 25 18:58:18 UTC 2005

> > You might drop James hall ( james at gnu-solutions.com ) an email.
> >
> > He's been giving exactly this kind of talk to the Chamber of Commerce and
> > Local Biz forums. I believe he has a nice shiny presentation as well.
>
> i was thinking more about a series of workshops or seminars with speakers
> coming from various companies. some speakers might be offering solutions
that

> their company can provide but others might explain how they decided to go
> open source/linux, what the benefits were/are and how they did it. i would
> expect sme's to be interested in solutions where open source/linux
> solutions are integrated in with their existing windows/unix/whatever
> systems too.

Sounds like a good fit to me then.  James is our Biz Dev Director and gave the
Linux in Retail talk at the last Linux Expo.  If you are looking for guests
from industry, then I might be able to get the Ops Manager at Budgens to come
down and talk about their move to Linux - they are quite vocal about what they
do.

Never afraid to do a shameless plug in the interest of furthering Linux
uptake :-)

> sounds good.
>
> sean
>

> > Regards,
> >
> > jack

Jack Richards

GNU Solutions Ltd
Atlantic House
Imperial Way
Reading
Berks.
RG2 0TD

web   : www.gnu-solutions.com
email : jack at gnu-solutions.com
Office: +44 (0)845 89 00 767
DDI   : +44 (0)845 89 00 767 ext 4001
Mobile: +44 (0)7788 437 904
Fax   : +44 (0)871  277 1937

THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE INDIVIDUAL OR
ENTITY TO WHICH IT IS ADDRESSED AND MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS
PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL AND EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE.

If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an
employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended
or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this communication in error, please accept our apology.
We should be obliged if you would email them by return.

Thank you.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk