[Gllug] SYN Flooding - Please Help

wendy carr wendy_carr2003 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri May 27 10:26:05 UTC 2005

hi, I am getting loads of SYN requests on port 80. My
server is redhat 7.3 with 2.4 kernel and apache is my
web server. These opens loads of connections so apache
processes reaches the max process withing minutes.I
tried to block the SYN at ip level using iptables, but
new ip addresses pops up every time . Looks like the
ip's are spoofed as well. I have used netstat -nap to
identify these ip's and blocked with iptables. Could
some one suggest a way to block these attack ? or
anything else i can do to pin point the attack ?
Thanks very much,

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk