[Gllug] How to report online crime...

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Mon May 23 09:08:04 UTC 2005

On Monday, 23 May 2005, Martyn Drake wrote:
>Ebay can be quite slow at acting on anything reported to them.

And God help you if your complaint doesn't fit into their drones'
pre-scripted interactions.

More than once I have been reduced to (for example);

"Please do not respond to this with the form letter which begins;

'Ebay is always concerned about global cheese production, and wants to
make your cheese experience as pleasant as possible'"

... and once to;

"Please, how did you interpret my explicit request not to respond with
the form letter which begins;

..."

Today is Potmos, June.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk