[Gllug] Issues with Hotplug && Auto-mounting

Shakthi Kannan cyborg4k at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 21 10:30:43 UTC 2005

Hi,

--- Henry Gilbert <henry.gilbert at gmail.com> wrote:
> script to work on Slackware 10.2 (Linux 2.4.31) ..

Any specific reason to use 2.4.x?

> If I reboot into another kernel (say Linux 2.6.14)
> then I can at least
> mount it by command.

2.6 kernel drivers use sysfs, and recent distros with
these kernels have good hotplugging support. I will
recommend using 2.6.

Can you post output of "dmesg | tail -10" after you
plug in your USB device running a 2.6 kernel? Also
post the contents of your /etc/fstab file.

SK

--
Shakthi Kannan, MS
Software Engineer, Specsoft (Hexaware Technologies)

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk