[Gllug] [OT] background detail - Raw Partitions

Justin Perreault justinperreault at dl-jp.com
Thu Nov 17 02:05:30 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-16 at 17:08 +0000, Steve Nelson wrote:
> [...]

[ . . .]

> > As usual, perhaps it would be helpful if you gave some context
> > for your question, like the purpose behind the question and the
> > configuration of the system (e.g. kernel version etc.).
>
> As usual I gave context - I am, however, not as prolix in my emails as
> you, and I do not believe the list would have been especially
> interested in the detailed background concerning an Oracle 10 Cluster
> with a failing node, which my investigations thus far lead be to
> believe is crashing when it attempts to read quorum data from a raw
> device, and is thus fenced and rebooted.

Thank-you for providing more detail.

Although I do not approve of everyones choice of 'training' for users of
technical lists, I do greatly appreciate knowing a concise background of
a situation leading to a question that is being asked. The main reason
for this is the discussion of alternative solutions that 'may' be
possible.

I find every question asked and answered to be another learning
opportunity.

--
Justin Perreault

Better questions lead to better answers-

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk