[Gllug] Epson Photo Sylus R320 - support status?

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Mon Oct 3 21:55:00 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm considering buying a photo printer, as for some things the
convenience of printing on the spot outweighs the advantages of just
sending everything to Photobox....

Anyway, the one I'm looking at is the Epson Photo Stylus R320, which
seems to strike a nice balance between the ability to do quick 6"x4"
prints direct from camera/card, and decent support from Linux. Or so I
thought... From reading, I can't see it listed at all on the gimp-print
page (http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/p_Supported_Printers.php3), and
at linuxprinting.org it's listed as partially supported, but all the
comments are from people who've got it working perfectly, and are
confused as to why its listed as partially supported:-

http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Epson-Stylus_Photo_R300

AFAICT, the R320 is just version of the R300 with an added LCD (the R300
is listed as fully supported on the gimp-print site). Does anyone here
have direct experience of this printer? I'd like to be quite certain it
works properly under Linux before I buy it...

Mike.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk