[Gllug] Accesing files over the network with perl

Gerhardus Geldenhuis gerhardus.geldenhuis at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 07:54:28 UTC 2005

Hi
I am looking for a way to access files over the network with perl every 15 min.

I can't use NFS and I can't use FTP to copy the files over.

Basically what I am trying to do is filter through our inhouse
applications logfiles scanning for certain entries. The application
runs on various machines and I need a centralised script that can scan
through these various files.

I do have a working script in perl, but it was written with one
machine in mind is not designed to run on more than one machine. The
script thus needs to see all the files as if they were in one place.

The logfiles on each machine are regularly archived and/or deleted,
thus copying the logfiles is not ideal because it creates additional
files that would need to be "managed".
--
Groete
Gerhardus Geldenhuis