[Gllug] Fedora Core 4 sound - just an observation

Henry Gilbert henry.gilbert at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 21:05:36 UTC 2005

Well I don't have access to that Fedora 4 box.
So maybe the new esd RPM works -

But at the time what seemed to do the trick was the obsolete OSS (now
commercial http://www.opensound.com)

Before that I kept desperately trying different combinations for esd.conf
[esd]
auto_spawn=1
spawn_options=-terminate -nobeeps -as 2 -d default
spawn_wait_ms=100

and *almost* installing a low-latency sound kernel for Fedora 4 from
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/planetccrma.html

but the OSS ensured sound was OK
and I didn't want to take more risks.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk