[Gllug] samba newbie

Martin A. Brooks martin at hinterlands.org
Tue Oct 11 22:50:06 UTC 2005

Minty wrote:
> I can ping the server from the client on ports 137 and 139.

I doubt it, unless you're using tcping.  You don't "ping" a port.

> nada.  Would anyone kindly guide me to the lightbulb?

Are you sure you can connect at all?  Can the client connect to other
services on the server?

> The server cannot ping the client, as the client is NAT'd by the
> wireless base station.  Is that my problem?

Without a bit more knowledge of your network topography, it's rather
hard to say.  Client initiated SAMBA connections should work through a
NAT with no problem.

Mart.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk