[Gllug] WSFII hOstage crisis

Saul Albert saul at twenteenthcentury.com
Thu Sep 22 19:25:18 UTC 2005

dear glluggers,

sorry for X-posting, but it's a crisis!

We have a crisis of host shortage for WSFII - the World Summit On Free
Informatoin Infrastructures, starting this week, and culminating next
weekend (1st and 2nd). Due to insane London prices, Some of our people
have been left without shelter! They're all clean, dangerously bright and
well brought up, of course, and being on the right wavelength, they will
almost certainly improve wireless signal reception in your home on a
permanent or at least semi-permanent basis.

Of course, London wasn't really the best choice of city for hotel
affordability, and we've done the whole thing on a load of shoddily
knotted shoestrings, cable ties and gaffer tape as usual. So - if anyone
has a spare room from .. tomorrow (eep!) for one or two nights that would
be *much* appreciated...

Just mail me off-list, if you have a space to spare, and don't mind a
lovely WSFIIer sleeping on your floor (or in one of the rooms of your
castle).

Free tickets to WSFII and other http://nodel.org/october.html events of
your choice for all hosts + t-shirts, trinkets, glass beads, jelly and
anything else we can find to thank you.

Saul.

and in case you borked at the html mail earlier, here's the WSFII bit:

~ For redistribution far and wide ~

Register for the World Summit on Free Information Infrastructures!
We are reaching maximum capacity; register *now* if you plan to attend.

   http://www.wsfii.org/register/

The World Summit on Free Information Infrastructures
( http://www.wsfii.org/ ) is happening in London, 1st-2nd October
2005. Wsfii will bring together pragmatists and innovative practises
from across the world, from free wireless networking and open
hardware. free maps, free media, open civic information, and
community currencies. A provisional programme is available here:

  http://www.wsfii.org/programme.html

The event is open to all but you *must* register if you plan to attend
because space is limited. A Wsfii membership fee of ten pounds is
expected to help pay for costs: ask about concessions if you can't afford
it.

Wsfii is the kickoff event of the NODE.london Open Season on technology,
media, art and politics, happening throughout this Oktober. Highlights:
 * Future Wireless at the Science Museum - http://cybersalon.org/
 * Open Congress at Tate Britain - http://opencongress.omweb.org/
 * Gilberto Gil, Minister of Culture, talking about the Brazilian
   goverment's adoption of Open Source Software and Culture
more info at: http://nodel.org

Wsfii Info
============

What: World Summit on Free Information Infrastructures (WSFII)
Programme: http://www.wsfii.org/programme.html
When: Saturday and Sunday, October 1-2 2005 (2005-10-01 -> 2005-10-02)
Where: Limehouse Town Hall, 646 Commercial Road, London, E14 7HA
Map: http://tinyurl.com/7m5qw
Registration: http://www.wsfii.org/register.php
--
-- http://chinabone.lth.bclub.org.uk/~saul/