[Gllug] is KMAIL a good enough client for gllug?

Steve Nelson sanelson at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 15:07:17 UTC 2005

On 9/7/05, paul <paul at thinksolution.net> wrote:
> Does Kmail acheive the desired effect for the
> etiquette within the Gllug forum. I just tried Mutt but
> it's too hardcore Linux for me - too retro and texty.

Not used it before, but its from a good stable - I am sure it'll be fine!

> Hopefully I will get the hang of it soon but tell me this,
> is the conversation about "top posting vs bottom posting"
> a matter of style eg: the way we put original text first
> then reply. Or is top posting about something you alter within
> the mail client?

When you hit reply to a message in a 'good' client, the message
appears, indented with a symbol - typically a >.  The cursor appears
below.

You can then navigate around the message, replying inline, and
removing irrelevant stuff.

The choice of client just makes it easier to do.  Outlook doesn't
behave like this by default, and even when its configured to behave as
I just described, it gets it wrong as soon as lines start to grow in
length, and you end up with a horrible mess of broken lines with '>'
characters in the end.

S.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk