[Gllug] glx problem

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Sun Sep 25 11:29:27 UTC 2005

Chris Hutchison wrote:

> Could it be that there's a conflict with an nvidia driver?  I've found:
>
> /usr/lib/mplayer/vidix/nvidia_vid.so
> /usr/src/linux-2.6.8.1-12mdk/drivers/char/agp/nvidia-agp.c
> /lib/modules/2.6.8.1-12mdk/kernel/drivers/char/agp/nvidia-agp.ko.gz
>
> or am I just revealing my ignorance?

Shouldn't have anything to do with it - from what you've said you're
using an Intel integrated video chipset, so nvidia stuff will be a red
herring. The kernel files you mention above are just for a module which
I'd not expect to be loaded on your system.

Your initial comments suggest that your distro might be trying to load a
driver (or dri kenel module) that doesn't properly support your
hardware. That's where I'd start looking, but it's hard to tell for sure.

Mike.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk