[Gllug] .procmailrc not working

Adrian McMenamin adrian at mcmen.demon.co.uk
Mon Sep 12 21:24:09 UTC 2005

I have set up a new server to handle all mail - copying over all the
setup on the old server (or so I believed).

But my .procmailrc doesn't appear to be recognised/used.

What should I look to fix?

I am using fetchmail to pull down mail - most of which is directed to
the account "adrianmail"

The first few lines of .procmailrc are

SHELL = /bin/sh
SENDMAIL = /usr/sbin/sendmail

:0
* ^Subject.*SPAM
/dev/null

Yet I am getting email tagged as SPAM in my inbox

.procmailrc is in /home/adrianmail and is 777 (owner and group are both
adrianmail in case that matters).

No doubt I have missed something obvious ... but I don't know what.
(saidly I have pulled apart the old server as the problems were not
immediately obvious)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk