[Gllug] Does OWA rule unopposed?

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 10:59:29 UTC 2005

On 9/28/05, John Hearns <john.hearns at streamline-computing.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-09-27 at 19:30 +0100, root wrote:
> > Is there a Linux equivalent of Outlook Web Access (OWA).
> > Its just that if my plans to replace windows email systems with Linux are to
> > succeed I have to have an answer to the questionmost users have asked -
> > "would I still be able to access my mail from across the internet through a
> > web browser"?
> I use Squirrelmail often when out at customer sites.
> Does the job, though its just en email client.
> Im not familiar with OWA, I bet there is more to it.

paul asked about webmail and OWA and they are very different things

- there are plenty of webmail systems out there such as squirrelmail, etc.
- there are also plenty of collaborative web thingies like OWA that
provide calenders, contact lists, etc such as Hula. open exchange,
etc. Some even provide exchange integratrion or can pretty much act as
a drop in replacement .

Aaron.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk