[Gllug] Mysterious reboots

Benedikt Heinen gllug at ml.icemark.net
Tue Apr 4 12:02:52 UTC 2006

> I have a new machine at work (AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+, 2Gb dual
> channel memory).
[...]
> 1) Overheating?: however lm_sensors indicates the temperatures in the
> case/CPU to be a fairly constant 32 deg/c

I had a similar problem with an Athlon a few years ago - but there the cpu
fan had died (and I wasn't running lm_sensors) - by the time I found out,
the plastic fan had actually partially molten.  When you write
'temperature in the case/CPU', are you really talking about a specific CPU
sensor here?  (If so - 32C would almost sound low - at least, compared to
older Athlons)

         Benedikt

   ALLIANCE, n.  In international politics, the union of two thieves who
     have their hands so deeply inserted in each other's pockets that
     they cannot separately plunder a third.
 			(Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary)
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk