[Gllug] cdrom writing

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Sun Apr 2 15:26:11 UTC 2006

On Sun, Apr 02, 2006 at 03:57:45PM +0100, Peter wrote:
> cdrecord: No such file or directory. Cannot open '/dev/pg*'. Cannot
> open SCSI driver.

That message is quite clear.  It is trying to connect to the CD device
by a name that does not exist in your /dev/ directory.  Either you do
not have the correct modules loaded or you have not configured cdrecord
to be using the correct device.

So check that you have the right modules loaded, for a start.  Then
check that you are passing the right device to cdrecord, which you can
do either using the dev= parameter or (on Debian, at least) by editing
/etc/cdrecord/cdrecord.

> cdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord -scanbus'.

Try doing that as well.

> cdrecord: For possible transport specifiers try 'cdrecord dev=help'.
> cdrecord:
> cdrecord: For more information, install the cdrtools-doc
> cdrecord: package and read /usr/share/doc/cdrecord/README.ATAPI.setup .

And try that.  Read the documentation.  This is something that you
frequently fail to do before asking questions on the list.

> Like most things on computers thinks don't just work
> Normally I'm quite good with computers

Not from the evidence of your posts here.

--
Bruce

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.