[Gllug] DHCPd problem

Adrian McMenamin adrian at mcmen.demon.co.uk
Fri Feb 17 00:04:10 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-02-16 at 23:58 +0000, Russell Howe wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 16, 2006 at 09:47:09PM +0000, Adrian McMenamin wrote:
> >
> > OK, trying to do this - but how. My dhcpd init script says this (an
> > extract obviously):
> >
> > # Defaults
> > INTERFACES="eth0"
> >
> > # Reads config file (will override defaults above)
> > [ -r /etc/default/dhcp ] && . /etc/default/dhcp
>
> Does /etc/default/dhcp override the value for INTERFACES?
>
> for example, does it contain something like:
>
> # List the interfaces you desire DHCPd to listen on here
> INTERFACES=

Yes, that's it. Changed that and it works. Many thanks. Still don't
understand why it worked fine when I had an eth0 and eth1 and then
messed up when I swapped out eth1 for ra0 but that's not too
important :)

I'm not at all used to the finer points of Debian/Ubuntu set up - as the
other boxes here are all Fedora.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk