[Gllug] OT: Safe Disposal of broken motherboard

Sun Jan 1 13:26:35 UTC 2006

Hi all,

Well, remember my failed BIOS flashing motherboard? Well I have asked
the place where I bought it from (ebuyer) and they want nothing to do
with it, and manufacturer (PCCHIPS) doesn't seems to have a UK Repair
sites. Tried using AMIBIOS Boot block update and with no luck, and the
BIOS chip is mounted on the board. ARGH. A new one only costs 20quid I
think it's time to cut the lost and throw it away.

Now I just wonder whether how can I dispose of old motherboard safely in
London - I know you shouldn't really throw it in the bin as they have
all kinds of nasty metals. does anyone know how should I throw it away
responsiblily?

Thanks.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk